Gold jewellery was first used in Egypt, way back around the year 3000 BC. Gold invariably happened to be the preferred metal for making jewelry during ancient times.
So what is it that makes gold the preferred metal for making jewelry for nearly five millennia?
Gold does have some amount of mysticism associated with it! It’s a rare metal which is easy to work upon and never tarnishes.
During the year 1922, an archeologist named Howard Carter led an expedition which led to the discovery of Tutankhamen’s tomb. The tomb was mausoleum of an ancient emperor, and within the tomb, the archaeologists discovered some gold artifacts.
Let’s take an overview of jewelry as found in recent times.
Upon running through the contemporary history of jewelry, we find that Hollywood has laid an influence upon the presentation and styles.
American culture was a significant part of European lifestyle during the 1940s and 1950s. The movies and prominent film stars laid an influence of women’s hairstyling and makeup. These had strong undertones of glamour.
Television too has laid an influence upon women’s jewelry. Let’s consider an instance.
Dynasty and Dallas were much sought after and television soaps from the 1980s. With the airing of these shows, costume jewelry suddenly became a hot fashion accessory.
These shows had over 250 million viewers, so sparkle became the norm. But by the advent of 1990s, fine diamond and pearl studs replaced larger pieces of jewelry.
Jewelry Trends In the 21st Century!
For the 21st century, jewelry trends reflect a mix, which is fine jewelry combined with costume jewelry. These come across as wardrobe essentials.
The tastes are refined as they’ve always been. Women recognize how to wear the jewelry so as to make a fashion statement! One can nowadays find even more variety for jewellery online.
You can find some delightful selections for your presentation online. There would necklace sets which combine earrings, and some very smart selections rarer than regular jewelry.
There is this thing about costume jewelry which makes it more sought, after, desirable and wearable. One of the key qualities which make costume jewelry distinctive is its versatility. You could wear costume jewelry for board room meet with colleagues. It is a fine bet for a wedding ceremony. You could even check out costume jewelry for a day at the beach. This makes a fashion statement for you!
Let us now run through some very interesting and exciting trivia about jewelry.
1. Americans say jewelry. The British say jewellery.
2. Jewelry is believed to ward off evil in a host of cultures.
3. Engagement rings are popular since 1477. The event which popularized engagement rings was the marriage of Maximilian the 1st to Mary of Burgundy.
4. Amber is free resin which is fossilized. This must be at least a million years old to qualify as Amber.
5. Amber could be as old as 120 million years.
6. Emeralds were first mined by the Egyptians. This was way back in 3500 BC.
7. Turquoise jewelry is not just a part of modern trend, but it was worn by Native Americans as well.
8. Coral, Amber and Pearl are organic gemstones. This means that these are created by living organisms, rather than ongoing geographic processes.
9. The ancient Chinese adored silver more than gold. Jade was their favorite gemstone. Jade is supposed to be possessed with human qualities of resilience and beauty.
Searching for the perfect Cosplay Store items? shop at https://www.auscosplay.com to find unique and handmade cosplay costume related items? directly. All costumes are custom made using your own measurements.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9829920